The current search usually is not very performant to find information on the forum.
Unfortunately a search engine as google or others is better to find specific thread inside the forum in my opinion.
I thought other people had already talked about this however I did not find it inside the forum
maybe because of the current implentation of the search tool.
One Example
Here is me trying to find the post I know is on the forum (because it is a classic question). I did actually forgot what the answer was so I really searched this while working yesterday.
I am not a english speaker and I am not very good at spelling words. However I found the search a bit picky when I just mispelled 1 letter of the word “conditionally”.
There are really good standard deterministic algorithm to have better search. I think this already implements fuzzy find and even when word are not in order. However this could be even better by search of distance between the search and all the title of threads in the forum.
I know that the forum has not been rewrote entirely by the Typst Team and they used an open source project but this might be customize maybe.
Thanks
The forum is a GREAT source of information. Thanks a lot to everyone contributing and for the Typst Team to maintain it.
With the great documentation and the level of the response in the forum, I believe that we could be using Typst even without a search engine (like google) and without any AI with no problem even for beginners. I am giving this negative feedback on the search part just because I really believe this could improve the experience on the Forum.



