I made Platen, a Typst-based equation editor for Linux

Hello everyone, I made a little program for typesetting equations in Typst and exporting them as images. It is intended for when you need equations as images (for slides, posters, etc.).

platen
Here is a quick screencap. I have a bunch more showing different features on the website. You can also download the app on Flathub.

The app is still in its early days. I would love to hear your feedback!

9 Likes

That’s one smart app you wrote there! Thanks for sharing about it.

Making it available on Flathub is also smart because it’s safe and any updates are automatic because I run topgrade daily which checks all flatpaks against flathub.

This is very handy because I still maintain a good number of Markdown documents and would like to move off LaTeX mathematics and quickly insert SVGs instead.

2 Likes