Index and semicolon

A combination of the type

“Briefwechsel mit Frieder Gröger#index[Gröger, Frieder]; Heranführung”

suppresses the display of the semicolon. The result is

Bildschirmfoto_smallcaps-semikolon

The result should be:

Bildschirmfoto_smallcaps-semikolon 2

My solution is

“Briefwechsel mit Frieder Gröger; #index[Gröger, Frieder] Heranführung”

Why is the first solution apparently wrong?

This question has an answer here:

(If you agree this has resolved your issue, please :white_check_mark: this answer, and I’ll close this thread as a duplicate, thanks :slight_smile:)

The text in the document doesn’t apply here. I’ve solved various cases, but not this one.

caption: [... „Blättern für Pilzfreunde“ #smallcaps[(Bergt 1920)]; Kopie bei A. Bollmann]

I can’t get the semicolon to display in the correct position.

Try either of these:

caption: [... „Blättern für Pilzfreunde“ #smallcaps[(Bergt 1920)];; Kopie bei A. Bollmann]
// or
caption: [... „Blättern für Pilzfreunde“ #smallcaps[(Bergt 1920)]\; Kopie bei A. Bollmann]

The best solution was:

#index[Saupe, Gerhard]\;

or

[… „Blättern für Pilzfreunde“ #smallcaps[(Bergt 1920)]\; Kopie bei A. Bollmann]

Search & replace was my way. Thanks to everyone who contributed their ideas!